This house is on the 2013 Solar Tour!
<< Solar Hot Water on garage roof.
List of Solar and Green features:
• Excellent Southern Exposure in Urban area
• (6) raised bed vegetable gardens totaling 1,100 sq.ft.
• (1) fruit tree row of (4) trees
• large raspberry patch
• (2) 40 ft. long wire and stake, grape arbors for home wine making.
• Multi functional 8x8 greenhouse
• Centrally located tool shed
• 5-1/2 chord firewood storage shed with 8 chord staging area
• Several small flower gardens for enhanced pollination
• 28,000 btu/hr solar thermal system for domestic hot water and supplemental circulating hot water heat.
• 3.88 kw solar PV system
• High 'R' insulation in attic and single basement wall with single room rubber basement floor.
• Manual (2) stage wood burning stoves heating system.
• Preliminary feasibility description of possible future passive solar and/or heat pump installation.
Special Parking Instructions:
Please park in front of our house on Central Parkway, not in the driveway.
Please do not bring any pets, we have a very friendly and vocal Jack Russell dog we will keep confined during the tour.